Take No Prisoners

Sunday, January 30, 2011

HAPPY BERFDAY TO JODY WATLEY ( @jodywatley )!!!

I told myself I wouldn't blog on weekends BUT, this is an exception for Ms. Watley! I remember being a little girl and falling in love with tunes like Real Love, Everything, and Looking For A New Love! The images I have are of this beautiful woman with beautiful cheek bones and perfect face structure that made these thick ass eyebrows WORK and even trend! I also remember her dancing...often spinning around in her videos as if she's the happiest woman in the world with the BIGGEST smile! My mom had the Larger Than Life album....I may have stole it a time or two and put it back before she got home! OH WELL!! Let's hope she doesn't read my blog! And let's FAST-FORWARD...I found Jody Watley's Twitter about a year ago and I was more excited than R. Kelly in a room full of Girl Scouts! (gasp) LOL!! Started following her, realized she was a Lakers fan and almost BARFED! LOL...But, I find so much positivity in her tweets. Checking her profile page led me to her Blog (my absolute favorite) which is filled with so much inspiration.  Jody is one of those few authentic humans you come across in a world of so much synthetic foolery! Saw her on The Monique show a few weeks ago and she flashed her smile and I think the audience was blinded......she literally can light up a room! When she started to dance she did this one move (she did the "come here" hand move and leaned forward then put her hand behind behind her ear like "let me hear it" ) and my jaw dropped!! That move showed alot of her character and personality! Watching her perform at age 51 with so much energy, grace, and passion just goes to show why she's an icon! If you follow her on Twitter you'd know she's just as funny as she is beautiful! Although we don't agree on NBA teams and she does not like when I use the "N" word in my rhymes, the fact that she took her time to listen and told me she appreciates certain songs is overwhelming.....another heartfelt moment for me.....I told everybody I know that she listened to my songs! I'd like to let y'all know that I am credited with putting her on the term "femcee"....I LOVE IT! I'm sure Jody has been inspiration for us all at some point sooooooooooooooooooooooooo....let's all sing together....on 3! One, two, three... "Happy Berfday to you...happy berfday to you....happy berfday to you....happy berfday to you.....how old are you?" NOW, wait! If you reading this Jody and you fill in with a "27" you gone get a woopin! LOL!!!! Seriously, I thank you for your light....your wisdom.....and all that you have given to this industry and still giving! Moreover, have many more bdays.....as many repeated ages as you want! LOL....you look great for 52! MUAH!
                                                           Putcho damn clothes on!! LMAO
Jody with the King Of Pop
                                                        I'm assuming she jammin! LOL
                                                            There goes that smile.......

No comments:

Post a Comment